Thursday, February 16, 2006

Back in Australia

I'm back in Australia and enjoying things I haven't for a while, here's five things I love about Australia, and five things I miss about the UK.

Five things I love about Australia;
1.Leaving the house in a skirt, singlet and thongs and not freezing to death.
2.Supermarket checkout operators that have a sense of urgency, pack your bags while scanning at the same time, and manage to do all this while standing.
3.Paying AUS$4.45 for my Starbucks Caramel Macchiato instead of £2.50 (AUS$6).
4.Beaches
5.Laundries are a standard room not a luxury.

Five things I miss about the UK;
1.Proximity to Europe.
2.Public transport that gets you where you need to be in a workable timeframe.
3.An old building is over 500 years, not 50.
4.Pret á Manger (sandwich chain store with excellent food).
5.Proximity to Europe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home