Monday, February 06, 2006

Table Manners, August 05


August in Edinburgh is a sight to behold. Among other festivals, the
Edinburgh Fringe Festival
is held, and the population swells by a million, of which approximately 16,000 are performers. I was lucky enough to be one of this latter group in a production of Table Manners (cast pictured above) produced by Living Stone Media, in last years' festival. Despite two and a half years training with Ensemble Studios in Sydney, my acting talent is at best sketchy, and this was probably the beginning and end of my esteemed acting career. But it was a fabulous experience; fun rehearsals, last minute changes, shaking with nerves and audiences that ranged from dead silent to breaking into spontaneous applause. I may never do it again, but I'm glad I did it once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home